|Mock Packers Draft Choices
April 27 - 29, 2017
|The greatest needs are:
1. Cornerback - Sam Shields was cut due to concussion issues.
2. Guard - Lang went to Detroit. Is there a starting Guard on the roster?
2. Linebacker - Outside - Peppers went back to Carolina.
3. Linebacker - Inside - They have 3 average players, but no one's an all-pro or pro bowler.
4. Running Back - Is this # 2? Lacy signed with Seattle.
Ted Thompson historically doesn't draft for need - he really does draft the "Best Available Player".
The Pack received 1 Compensatory Pick for the loss of CB Casey Hayward & QB Scott Tolzien; 5th round #182.
|Peppers is gone and Clay Matthews was injured far too much over the last 2 years.|
|Randall & Rollins haven't lived up to their billing.
Plus they just released Sam Shields.
Thompson can't take any chances with this position.
|LThey let TJ Lang walk in Free Agency.|
|Baggage not withtanding, he'll get the opportunity to start if he's ready.|
|5a||29/172||Jarron Jones||DL||6-5||315||5.33||Notre Dame|
|Jones has the size Capers really likes in his defensive lineman.
He'll probably start outside as a 5 technique, but may be moved in to NT.
|5b||39/182||Marquez White||CB||6-1||172||4.59||Florida State|
|Started all 26 games the past 2 years as a field corner,
(meaning he had the wide side of the field - a LOT more space to cover).
|Westbrook blossomed his Senior year. Here's hoping he can make another jump to the pro level|
|Once again, Ted picks the best player available.|